The mission of the Spring Glen Elementary School PTA is to enrich every child’s learning experience by connecting the home, school, and community. We achieve this by:
- Building a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community among parents, students, teachers, and staff.
- Strengthening communication between parents, the school, and the district.
- Supporting additional opportunities available to all students.
- Providing additional resources to the school.
Every year, the PTA will spend approximately $35,000 to directly benefit students – approximately $90 per student. This includes:
- $20,000 for school and classroom support including in-school assemblies, classroom materials, playground supplies, and teacher appreciation events.
- $6,000 for events such as Art Night, Field Day, and Invention Convention.
- $3,000 for student and family support including afterschool scholarships and funds for families in need.
- $6,000 for administration and committees, including Diversity & Inclusion.
To contribute, please donate below or make a contribution via check. Donations of any size are appreciated so please consider making a contribution in an amount you can afford. Friends and family who would like to contribute are also welcome. Thank you so much for your generous support and we look forward to seeing you at all of the PTA activities and events throughout the year!
The Spring Glen PTA Executive Board
Have you joined the Spring Glen PTA? If not, please join by clicking below to our online form: https://www.springglenpta.org/membership-form/
GIVE TO THE SPG ENRICHMENT FUND!
The Enrichment Fund will ensure every child at Spring Glen School can access diverse, enriching education and social/emotional programs. We need to raise at least $4,000 for the Fund this year to be able to bring all of these experiences to our students. To kick off this fund, every donation of any amount given through November 23 will be entered to win a limited-edition, SPG-branded Yeti Kids Water Bottle. Donate online below, or send in cash or check to the school office, made out to the Spring Glen PTA.
WHAT WILL YOUR GIFT TO THE ENRICHMENT FUND DO?
- Bring Back the School Play
We’ll subsidize all students’ participation in a student-led production, culminating in a blockbuster spring performance! Jennifer Sciglibaglio will be our fearless leader; she is the drama teacher at St. Thomas Day School; an educator in the voice, drama and piano programs at Neighborhood Music School; and part of the artistic staff for their Audubon Arts Summer Program.
- Bring Artists and Authors to Spring Glen School
We’re working with Principal Hornreich and the Enrichment Committee to bring at least two visiting artists and authors to Spring Glen as part of the school day: to perform for, read to, and interact with students.
We’re working to figure out an equitable way to subsidize the cost of field trips for all students, all grades. We need this now more important than ever, as the bus company contracted by the school district is no longer offering free in-town transport.